Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Spring Syllables! **FREE ACTIVITY**

Ahhhh! Spring is in the air! I love when the weather starts getting warm! Today, to mark the beautiful weather, I wanted to do a fun spring activity. I have noticed that my students are still struggling with identifying syllables. We have done tons of just sorting activities that they complete in centers but I was looking for something to engage them a little more.... a BOARD GAME!

 I don't know about your students, but mine love playing games!



Board games are a great way to review a skill because the students love completing the activity, especially when they get to compete against a friend!  


What I love most about this is that the students get to move how every many syllables are in the word.  I find that the students pay more attention because they don't want their opponent to get free spaces!!




This worked really well in my class as a review of syllables!

Download this **FREE** by clicking HERE!!!



No comments :

Post a Comment