Sunday, November 24, 2013

I am thankful for....

Happy almost Thanksgiving!! This is one of my favorite holiday's, besides Christmas :).  I love getting together with family and really appreciating all that I have.  This year is the first year my husband and I are hosting Thanksgiving so I am excited for that!  Well anyway I created a Thanksgiving Activity pack to use with my students the week before Thanksgiving.  With all the state testing they have to endure I love to make the holiday's packed with exciting lessons.  So take a look!!


I happen to love all graphics by www.djinkers.com!! You should check them out if you haven't already!

Anyway... the first activity in this activity pack is a sequencing activity.  Through classwork that I have been giving I have noticed that my students are struggling with sequencing so I thought I would put this skill into the activity pack.


The students read the story about a girl named Jenna on Thanksgiving morning.  This story also leads into a great writing assignment where students can write about traditions their families have on Thanksgiving.  Just a thought :)

This activity pack also gives you a part of speech word sort.  It contains sorting mats for Noun, Adjective, and Verb.  Also 30 vocabulary cards for the students to sort!




Check out this item plus more Thanksgiving activities on my TpT page by clicking HERE!!!

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!! 

No comments :

Post a Comment