Friday, November 29, 2013

Its beginning to look a lot like.....

CHRISTMAS!! The holiday season has begun! I really hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving!! Now that it is over I need to start working on all my Christmas and holiday activities.  I'm starting with a vocabulary activity pack on The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg!  I love all of his books but this is one of my favorites since I love everything about Christmas!


This activity pack includes a vocabulary matching, an I Have... Who Has... Game, a context clue graphic organizer (this is great to use while you're reading the story), and context clue task cards.




I know the students in my class really love playing I Have Who Has games.  I usually use them before we read a story to review the vocabulary words.  




The next activities in this activity pack involve context clues.  The first one is a graphic organizer that you can use while your reading the book The Polar Express.




I have also created context clue task cards.  I use task cards for my literacy centers while I'm doing reading groups.  This gives my students engaging activities to complete while I work with a small group.  My students enjoy them more than just completing a packet or worksheet!



Check back soon for more great The Polar Express activities!!

Get this vocabulary pack by clicking HERE!!



No comments :

Post a Comment